Reports to School Director
- Must hold a valid Oregon Teaching Certificate.
- A substitute teacher is responsible for enabling each child to pursue his education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of his regular teacher.
- Follows all policies, rules and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Remains in assigned classroom until all students have been dismissed for the day
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and surrounding areas.
- Reviews with teacher or director, all plans, duties and schedules to be followed during the teaching day, teaches the outlined lesson, maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
- Completes evaluation at the end of the day, checks out with authorized personnel prior to leaving at the end of the day.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A substitute teacher shall be a person fully qualified to instruct in our schools in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Minimum educational experience: Bachelor degree.
Substitutes start at $150 per day.
We encourage early applications so that candidates can receive other substitute positions and become familiar with Cascade Heights.