Student safety is a top priority. Our volunteer training program is an online program called ARMATUS.
Here are the steps to take for your training:
STEP 1. Enroll as a Volunteer
Contact our office: (503) 653-3996.
STEP 2. Background Check & Payment
- All volunteers who work with children must complete the pdf Background Check Consent Form (588 KB) every three years
- Return completed form to office
- Enclose a check with your signed form in the amount of $20.00
STEP 3. Take the on-line ARMATUS training
New volunteers will complete a fifteen minute interactive video called "Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers — Generic." Each year you will be required to complete an additional module. There is no cost for this training.
Volunteers working in the classrooms or in contact with students through activities must complete the ARMATUS training each year.
- Go to www.praesidiuminc.com
- Click on Armatus Training
- Click on Click here to begin Armatus Online Training (login required)
- Enter Login & Password then click on Submit
- Read the information listed
- Click on the title of the video that show Status: Pending
- New Volunteers
- Go to http://website.praesidiuminc.com/EnrollNow
- Enter the Registration Code "cascade11" and click Submit
- Follow the instructions to fill out the form and get logged in to the Armatus online training system
Please make sure you click Volunteer and not employee (this is how we make sure you get set up for the correct videos)
Print the page or write down your user login and password for future reference.
- To begin training immediately click the Login link or follow the instructions to login later.
- Parents coming to Cascade Heights to volunteer in areas without contact with students do NOT need the ARMATUS training or the on-line Armatus course, but must enroll and log-on to http://website.praesidiuminc.com/EnrollNow to read and acknowledge the Code of Conduct.
Thank you for your commitment to Cascade Heights and keeping our children safe!