In this issue: Pancake Breakfast / Spring Cleaning / PTA / Lawnfield Road Closure / China Trip 2016 / 2015-06 Kindergarten Class / State Testing / CHPCS PTA Spring Gala Dinner & Auction / Spring Music Concerts
PANCAKE BREAKFAST - FINAL 8TH GRADE FUNDRAISER
Saturday, April 18, 8 to 11am
This is 8th Grade’s final fundraiser for Ashland. Tickets are $5.00 per person for a short stack of pancakes plus juice or coffee. Ticket can be pre-ordered from any 8th grade student or purchased at the door.
In order to make their fundraising goal, 8th grade needs to sell about 200 tickets. So invite all your family and friends! Come and fuel up before Spring Cleaning! Hope to see you there!
JOIN OUR 2ND ANNUAL SPRING CLEANING!
Saturday, April 18, 9 to 4
Please come help spruce up the school! Drop in any time between 9 and 4 and check the jobs posted on the “Help Our Campus Stay Beautiful” board in the main hall (next to the Science Lab). Mr. Currey will be on hand to help coordinate.
Inside jobs, outside jobs, big jobs, little jobs, there is a job for everyone. Bring the whole family and a picnic lunch (no childcare provided). Students who participate will get a homework pass and service hours will be signed off.
Here are some tools and supplies that will be needed. If you can think of anything else, bring it. (Or if there is something you particularly like doing, bring the tools for it and dig in!)
- Gardening tools: hoe, rake, leaf rake, shovel, weeding tools, gloves, blower, mower, string trimmer (and extension cords if electric), big garbage bags, litter grabber...
- Cleaning supplies: power washer & extension cords, all purpose cleaner, disinfectant cleaner, windex, rubber gloves, rags, paper towels, squeegee, bucket, long handled duster, shop vac...
- Tool for special projects: A few jobs requested by staff require more specialized equipment than we have here. If you have any of the following, please bring it along on Saturday:
- Extendable/long squeegee for window cleaning
- Upholstery/carpet cleaner/steamer for some spot stains and some upholstered chairs. (School has the soap to go in it.)
- Grinder or possibly even Dremel tool for grinding down screw in art room table
- Hinge for a cupboard
AN INVITATION FROM PTA
Join our weekly meetings
Do you want to support your child’s education, help the school, be informed, feel connected, and make your voice heard? Support CHPCS PTA. The weekly PTA Meetings are on Thursdays at 2pm, in the Zip Room.
LAWNFIELD ROAD CLOSING PERMANENTLY
A notice from ODOT
The segment of SE Lawnfield Road between the SE 82nd Drive and Union Pacific Railroad crossing will close permanently at 6 a.m. Wednesday, April 15. The closure is part of the Sunrise Corridor construction project.
More information can be found on the project web page: www.sunrisejta.org
SPRING BREAK IN CHINA, 2016
Planning Meeting on April 29 at 8:00 AM
How time has flown! Only two more months until the end of the school year. We have talked about taking our middle students to our sister school in China during the spring of 2016 for a long time. This event won't be able to happen without your support.
All parents of middle school Chinese students are invited to join our planning meeting for "Trip to China 2016 Spring Break" in the CHPCS Library on April 29th, 2015 at 8:00 am, right after morning drop-off. Hope to see you all there!!
Chinese Teacher at CHPCS
IMPORTANT DATES FOR NEW KINDIES
Note new date for Parent Orientation Meeting
Please note: The previously published date of the Parent Orientation Meeting has changed. This is a required meeting for all families who have Kindy students starting in the coming year (September of 2015). Please make arrangements for at least one family member to attend. See below for the full list of upcoming meetings and classes.
Kindergarten 2015-16 Important Dates
- Date for returning Acceptance Documents has passed.
- Parent Orientation Meeting: April 28, 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- Come to Kindergarten Camp (see attached flyer): August 24-27, 8:30 to noon
- Riggs training for parents *: August 25, 8:30- 10:30 or 6:30- 8:30 pm
- Love and Logic Parenting Class*: August 27, 8:30- 10:30 or 6:30- 8:30 pm
- First day of school - half day only: Sep. 8, 8:00 - 11:00am
*Pick one session (morning or evening) for Riggs Training and one session (morning or evening) for Love and Logic Training.
STATE TESTING CONTINUES - 3rd through 8th GRADE
Support your Falcons during testing season by:
- Discussing the importance of these tests and encouraging children to take their time and do their best.
- Making sure they get a good night’s sleep.
- Focusing on good nutrition and packing a healthy lunch. Hard working brains get hungry!
- Also send them with a healthy snack every day.
- Cut back as much as possible on extra-curricular activities the evening before test days to reduce stress.
If you have any questions, or want to know the days your children are scheduled for testing, contact your classroom teachers.
SAVE THE DATE ~ SPRING GALA DINNER, LIVE & SILENT AUCTION
Tickets now available!
The CHPCS PTA Spring Gala Dinner and Fundraising Auction is right around the corner. Don’t miss the fun on Saturday May 9 at 6:30 pm. This is an event for 21 years and older only and will be held at Camp Withycombe National Guard Base directly east of CHPCS.
Dinner tickets are $35 each or $60 for two. Tables of 8 are available for $220.
The PTA has sent ticket order forms home. Tickets will also be available at the Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, April 18.
This event will include a silent and live auction with lots of fabulous items to bid on, including: classroom art projects and baskets, gift certificates to local merchants (Home Depot, New Seasons, Bridgetown Automotive), vacation stays, basketball signed by all of the current Trail Blazers, spa services, and lots of family activities. Proceeds from the auction will be used by the PTA to fund projects at the school that will benefit ALL children.
Thank you for making our auction a success!
Cascade Heights PTA
SPRING MUSIC CONCERTS
Save the dates ~ More information to follow
K-4 Concert - Thursday, May 21 - 6:30pm
5-8 Concert - Thursday, May 28 - 6:30pm