In this issue: Spring forward technololgy fundraiser goes to 4-13! / Save the date - Spring music concert 4-13 / Use front doors only for morning drop off / No extended school year for CHPCS / School start dates for 2017-18 / Annual perception surveys are coming / April lunch menu posted
SPRING FORWARD TECHNOLOGY FUNDRAISER
Jamba Juice cards will be available until APRIL 13TH
$6820 raised so far!
How it works:
- Decide how many Jamba Juice discount cards you want.
- Send in your order form with payment and specify whether your cards should be sent home with your children or held in the office for you to pick up.
- Use each discount card to buy up to 8 medium smoothies for the discounted price of $3 each (normally $5 - $6) and one free small smoothie, a savings of over $20 per card.
Each Jamba Juice discount card is $10 and $5 goes directly back to our school! All proceeds from this fundraiser will be used to upgrade our technology. As the school wins, so do students…
- $10,000 raised = a laptop cart + 2 free dress days!
$20,000 raised = a laptop cart + smart boards + document cameras + 4 free dress days!
Order forms were sent home. They are also available in the office and classrooms. Donations in lieu of card purchases are welcome.
Everybody loves smoothies - please share with all your family and friends. Thank you for your support!
SPRING MUSIC CONCERT
Save the date! Thursday April 13.
Afternoon matinee: 1:00 – 2:30pm.
Evening performance: 6:30 – 8:00pm.
Our K-8 Spring Concert is quickly approaching! All classes, Kindergarten through 8th grade, will be performing. This is a special occasion and showcases the culmination of what your children have been learning this year in music class. All performances need an audience - don’t miss it! We look forward to seeing you!
- Arrival Time: Students gather by class at 6:10pm.
- Program: Begins at 6:30pm in the Gym.
- Guest Late Arrival/Early Departure: The program begins at 6:30 and there will be a short intermission. Out of courtesy to your fellow concert goers: If you wish to leave before the end of the program, please wait until intermission. Or if you choose to come after the program begins, please wait until intermission to find a seat.
- Dress Code: Clean uniform. Ties are welcome but not required.
- Handicap access: Come through the breezeway entrance (by the dumpsters) and ring the bell on the intercom.
FRONT DOORS ONLY ARE TO BE USED FOR MORNING ARRIVAL
No one, including students, are to enter the school through the breezeway doors off the parking lot. This is for the security of our campus and the safety of your children.
The front doors are monitored by staff during morning drop off. Please use only the front doors for morning arrival.
EXTENDED SCHOOL YEAR??
Not at Cascade Heights!
Lay all the rumors to rest - CHPCS will NOT be adding extra days to our school year. School ends at 11:30 AM on Tuesday, June 6, 2017, as noted in your planner.
We have enough instructional hours “banked” in our schedule that even this year’s blizzards are not going to impinge on your summer vacation plans. Hooray!
ALL ABOUT NEXT YEAR… ALREADY?
Well, not quite. We do not know the full calendar for the 2017-18 school year as of yet. It will be published on the website by June 30, 2017.
The beginning dates for the 17-18 academic year are set: the first day of school for Kindergarten will be Tuesday, September 5, 8:00-11:30 AM, and all students K-8 will begin a full day of school on Wednesday, September 6, 8:00-3:30 PM.
OUR ANNUAL PERCEPTION SURVEY TIME APPROACHES
Survey will be open 4/24 - 5/7/2017
Let your voice be heard!
As in years past, Cascade Heights will be asking all parents, students, and staff to take a few moments and give us your thoughts on this year! Our mission is to partner with parents and your input is so valuable!
Ideally, every parent and guardian will complete this survey for each student in grades K through 8.
The links will be posted when the survey window opens. Computers will be available at school for your use.
APRIL LUNCH MENU
The April lunch menu is posted at cascadeheights.org