In this issue: Auction News / Jog-A-Thon Update / Uniform Code Reminder / Miss Tina Needs A Host Family / Car Line Courtesy / Science Fair
The primary fundraiser for the 2014/15 school year will be a Fundraising Dinner and Auction spearheaded by the PTA and Board of Directors.
CHPCS Auction Committee and PTA
JOG A THON UPDATE
So, you've been wondering which class brought in the most $ from the jog-a-thon and who was the top prize winning earner, right?? Here is the scoop!
Kindergarten jogged, skipped and hopped to the top of the fundraising list. Go Kindergarten! They will have bragging rights until next year.
The student who topped everyone in individual fundraising was Victor Randolph in Kindergarten. Good job, Victor!
The top earners in each of the other classes were:
- 1st Grade — Abigail Antonini
- 2nd Grade — Lena Bader
- 3rd Grade — Adam Antonini
- 4th Grade — Madison Maguire
- 5th Grade — Kyler Pak
- 6th Grade — Josiah Butler
- 7th Grade — Julian Martin
- 8th Grade — Malia Masterson
Thank you to everyone who supported our students in this year's Jog-a-Thon!
Uniform Code Reminder
The purpose of our uniform code is to minimize peer pressure and reinforce a scholarly atmosphere. Students and parents share the responsibility for proper uniforms and grooming.
Students are responsible to the school community for their appearance and cleanliness and are to dress and groom themselves in a manner that is modest, clean and appropriate for school, and is not a distraction in or out of class.
- PE is EVERY DAY. Proper shoes must offer firm support, resist slipping, and pass the “kick test.”
- SOLID black, white, brown, or navy shoes only (small logos and stripes ok).
- VISIBLE SOLID, white, black, or navy socks must be worn with all shoes.
- Watches, rings, and stud earrings, small necklaces and religious scapulars are acceptable. Dangly earrings are not.
- Nail polish - only clear nail polish is acceptable.
MISS TINA NEEDS A HOST FAMILY
Even if you cannot host, please feel free to invite Miss Tina over for a meal or visit, include her in outings to see local sites, or anything that would give her a chance to meet more people, have more cultural experiences, and see more of this beautiful part of the world. She would love to join you! The best way to reach her is through Teacher Wenny at 503.702.0993
CAR LINE COURTESY
Cones are placed out each afternoon to prevent vehicles from exiting the staff parking lot on the north side of the building during carline because it disrupts the flow of traffic and endangers children loading. If you are at the school in the afternoon and would like to leave before the end of carline (i.e before 3:45), please park in the gravel lot on the south side of the building.
- Please do not block the driveways at any time, even during periods when they are coned off.
- Do not leave your car unattended unless it is parked in a lot. If your car is in car line, you must be with your car.
Thank you for helping to keep car line safe and trouble free.
Cascade Heights' Annual Science Fair
Science Fair Open House: Thursday, Jan. 22, 3:45-5:30 p.m.
On Friday, January 23, Grades 5-8 will be on campus to present to science fair judges from all over the Portland area. It will be a great opportunity for students to practice their presentation skills as well as explain the scientific method.
Because the gym is closed to teachers and parents on the day of the fair, open house will be Thursday, January 22 from 3:45 to 5:30 pm. This is a chance for parents and students to see everyone’s fantastic projects.