In this issue: Annual survey / All school swim trip / Host families needed / BOGO book fair / CHPCS summer camps! / Annual "For the Love of Schools" fun run / Sprint for the finish /
PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN OUR ANNUAL SURVEY!
As your partner, the school seeks your input both formally and informally. Our annual perception surveys are the main way we seek formal input from Falcon families. By sharing your honest thoughts, you help us ensure that your child’s time at Cascade Heights is enriching, fulfilling and the best preparation for high school and beyond. We ask every parent/guardian involved with their children’s education to participate.
Surveys should only take a few minutes. They require a computer with internet access so computers are set up by the office for easy access. Our goal is 100% participation as the surveys provide us with data that drives our continuous school improvement efforts. Thank you for your time!
ALL SCHOOL SWIM FIELD TRIP
Thursday, May 26th, 12:30 – 3:30pm
Thanks to the PTA, the entire school will be going on a field trip to the North Clackamas Aquatic Park on Thursday, May 26th, 2016. Buses will take all students to the Aquatic Park right after lunch. Once there, students will have access to the wave pool, splash pool, and slides. Some of these areas have height restrictions which will be enforced. A board game area will be available for non-swimmers. Please return permission slips to your classroom teachers by May 23rd. pdf Permission Slip (59 KB)
» Please note: Afternoon car line will be at the Aquatic Park! «
- All students must be picked up at the Aquatic Park at 3:30pm.
- Homework club and other afterschool activities are cancelled on May 26th.
- When: May 26, 2016 - 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Where: North Clackamas Aquatic Park, 300 SE Harmony Rd, Milwaukie, OR
- What to wear: Swimsuit under your regular uniform
- What to bring: Towel and cover up or sweats to wear to the car. Goggles or swim mask WITH name written on them.
- Do NOT bring: Water toys/items are NOT permitted.
CULTURAL EXCHANGE OPPORTUNITY
Host families still needed for 2 girls and 4 boys, July 11 to 22
Our 3rd annual International Summer Camp will be held July 11th - 22nd. Fifteen Chinese students from 5th and 6th grade will be attending. Placement is still needed for 4 boys and 2 girls.
This opportunity is open to all! The goal for the visting students is English immersion. You do not have to be in the Chinese program or have any fluency in Mandarin to participate.
For more information, go to: http://cascadeheights.org/news/letter-to-summer-camp-hosting-families.html
BOGO BOOK FAIR
June 1st - 2nd & 6th - 7th
Our final book fair of the year will be the annual, much anticipated, Buy-One-Get-One-Free book sale. Time to stock up for summer! Your children have worked hard all year achieving reading goals. Help keep their skills this summer. Reading just five books over the summer prevents “summer slide.”
Location: Science Room
- June 1st, 2nd, & 6th: 7:30 – 9:30am and 2:30 – 4:30pm.
- June 7th: 7:30am to 12:30pm.
SUMMER CAMPS @ CHPCS
Registrations are due by the last day of school: Tuesday, June 7th
The pdf Summer Camp issue of our Newsletter (2.96 MB) is available!
Complete information, including registration forms, can also be found on the After School Activities Board across from the gym or on our website:
RON TONKIN “FOR THE LOVE OF SCHOOLS” FUN RUN
Sunday, June 5th, beginning at 8am
Audi Wilsonville (26600 SW 95th Ave, Wilsonville OR, 97070)
Join us for our third year participating in the Tonkin Challenge Fun Run and raising money for our school. The Ron Tonkin dealership donates 100% of the proceeds to the school you choose! There are many different running/walking events to participate in as well as great food, fun games, and other activities for the family. In the past each runner/walker received a medal as they finished their race! An event tech running shirt can be purchased as well.
- 8:00 am: 5 mile run/walk
- 8:30 am: 5K run/walk
- 8:30 am: 0.5 mile mascot dash
- 5 mile run/walk - Adults ($45), 14 & under ($15)
- 5K run/walk - Adults ($35), 14 & under ($15)
- 0.5 mile mascot dash - Adults ($20), 14 & under ($10)
There are three ways to register:
1. Online at www.TonkinChallenge.org
- Click "Register Now!"
- Pick your race
- Enter your age and electronic signature
- Fill in your personal info and pick "Cascade Heights Charter School" under North Clackamas
- Fill out payment info.
2. Fill out a registration form and turn it in, along with payment to Mr. Weaver by Thursday, May 26th.
3. Fill out a registration form and mail it in, along with payment by Friday, May 27th.
This is a great family fun run that not only promotes health and fitness, but also benefits your school. Hope to see you there!
SPRINT FOR THE FINISH
Only 2 weeks of school left – make them count!
Just like a long distance runner who keeps up the pace until the race is done, at Cascade Heights, learning happens until school is over. The year has gone by all too quickly and teachers are eager to make sure that every child is prepared for next year, especially our 8th graders. We will be sad to say goodbye to come June 7th, but in the meantime, know that your children are still learning and growing every day.