In this issue: All school swim trip / Please participate in our survey / Host families needed / BOGO book fair / CHPCS summer camps! / Annual "For the Love of Schools" fun run / Last PTA meeting /
ALL SCHOOL SWIM FIELD TRIP IS HERE!
Thursday, May 26th, 12:30 – 3:30pm
THURSDAY is our all-school swimming field trip!
- A small backpack/tote bag with:
- goggles/swim mask (MUST have name written on it)
- NO floaties or other water toys
- You may bring a pair of sweat pants or similar to use as a cover-up, if you like. (We will not be using the change rooms.)
- Lunchbox and snacks for the day (school lunch WILL be served before we leave campus).
- Wear your swim suit underneath your uniform. If swim shorts do not fit comfortably under uniform pants/shorts and are an appropriate length, children may wear just swim shorts.
- If you would like your child to wear a life jacket, AND you already own one that fits them, AND it is Coast Guard approved, please consider sending it with your child (write your name in it!). The Aquatic Center has quite a few, but we may end up needing a few more. We will be sure that every child whose parents indicated they wanted their child to wear a life jacket DOES have one.
ALL signed-up chaperones will need to be IN the water, to meet the adult:child ratio for our youngest swimmers.
Carline will be held AT the Aquatic Center starting about 3:20 p.m.
Be sure your Thursday afternoon pickup person knows this. There will be no walk-up option, so please be ready to be patient!
Thank you for helping make this happen!
PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN OUR ANNUAL SURVEY!
As your partner, the school seeks your input both formally and informally. Our annual perception surveys are the main way we seek formal input from Falcon families. By sharing your honest thoughts, you help us ensure that your child’s time at Cascade Heights is enriching, fulfilling and the best preparation for high school and beyond. We ask every parent/guardian involved with their children’s education to participate.
Surveys should only take a few minutes, and can be done on any computer with internet access. Computers are set up by the office for your use. Our goal is 100% participation as the surveys provide us with data that drives our continuous school improvement efforts. Thank you for your time!
CULTURAL EXCHANGE OPPORTUNITY
Host families still needed for 2 girls and 4 boys, July 11 to 22
This opportunity is open to all! The goal for the visting students is English immersion. You do not have to be in the Chinese program or have any fluency in Mandarin to participate.
For more information, go to: http://cascadeheights.org/news/letter-to-summer-camp-hosting-families.html
BOGO BOOK FAIR
June 1st - 2nd & 6th - 7th
Our final book fair of the year will be the annual, much anticipated, Buy-One-Get-One-Free book sale. Time to stock up for summer! Your children have worked hard all year achieving reading goals. Help keep their skills this summer. Reading just five books over the summer prevents “summer slide.”
Location: Science Room
- June 1st, 2nd, & 6th: 7:30 – 9:30am and 2:30 – 4:30pm.
- June 7th: 7:30am to 12:30pm.
SUMMER CAMPS @ CHPCS
Registrations are due by the last day of school: Tuesday, June 7th
The pdf Summer Camp issue of our Newsletter (2.96 MB) is available!
Complete information, including registration forms, can also be found on the After School Activities Board across from the gym or on our website:
RON TONKIN “FOR THE LOVE OF SCHOOLS” FUN RUN
Sunday, June 5th, beginning at 8am
Audi Wilsonville (26600 SW 95th Ave, Wilsonville OR, 97070)
Join us for our third year participating in the Tonkin Challenge Fun Run and raising money for our school. The Ron Tonkin dealership donates 100% of the proceeds to the school you choose! There are many different running/walking events to participate in as well as great food, fun games, and other activities for the family.
For online registration and more information, go to: www.TonkinChallenge.org
This is a great family fun run that not only promotes health and fitness, but also benefits your school. Hope to see you there!
LAST PTA MEETING OF THE YEAR
The final PTA meeting of this school year will be held on June 7th (the last day of school) at 8am. Please join us!