Cascade Heights Public Charter School will again have the opportunity to host 10 students from Suzhou Experimental Elementary School on February 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14. These students will be coming to our school and learn with our students. We are seeking families who can host students during this time frame and provide transportation to school.
Our first preference would be to have at least two students with a host family. This is an excellent opportunity for Cascade Heights students to practice speaking Chinese with a native speaker and to help the visiting students enjoy our part of the world. However, it is not required that you have students in Chinese to participate.
Please reply with the following information if you can/are interested in hosting:
- indicate how many students you can host
- if you have completed your criminal background check for the school year (2014-2015)
- if you have been cleared as a Cascade Heights volunteer.
Dates the host family needs to know:
- Tue Feb 10th: Students arrive at school in the morning with their luggage
- Tue Feb 10th - Fri Feb 13th: Students stay with host famlies and follow same schedule as your own children
- Sat Feb 14th: Students need to be transported to drop off location (Time/Location TBD still)
- ** we can help with carpooling if time/date is difficult for host family **
Host Families Provide Meals/Transportation for Exchange Students:
School will provide lunch for students
Transportation to/from school each day
- You bring your Chinese student(s) to school and pick them up, just like your own CHPCS students
- Students will be provided school lunches, so even if you pack a lunch for your own child, you will NOT have to pack an additional lunch for your Chinese student(s)
- While it is better for these young students to have two students in each host family, in past years they have been fine going by themselves with a host family
- You should include your Chinese student(s) in your everyday activities . . . soccer practice, music lessons, etc. You do not need to adjust your schedules to do special events. They want to see what "real American families" are like!
- CHPCS students who take Spanish at the school are also welcome to host Chinese students
Thank you for considering this opportunity for your family.
Host Family Co-ordinator