Seventh grade is challenging the school to a food drive to benefit the Oregon Food Bank. The class that brings in the most food will be awarded the "Food Drive Trophy"!
Please send contributions of non perishable foods (see list below) any time between now and February 4th. Seventh grade will take our collection with them on their field trip to the Oregon Food Bank.
Seventh graders will visit classrooms every morning to collect items. If families have a particularly large donation they are welcome to deliver it to the office or directly to the seventh grade outside door. (Please coordinate with Mrs. Venture so that we are ready for you).
Oregon Food Bank needs these nutritious foods:
- Shelf-stable milk
- Foods high in protein such as canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon) and canned or dried beans
- Foods high in nutrients, such as canned fruits and vegetables (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced sugar)
- Whole-grain foods such as brown rice, whole grain cereal and whole-wheat pasta
- Soups, chilies and stews (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced fat)
- 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
- Unsaturated cooking oils
- And other nutritious, "healthy-choice" foods (preferably with reduced fat, sodium and sugar)
To ensure food safety, Oregon Food Bank can't use:
- rusty or unlabeled cans
- perishable items (applies only to food drive donations)
- homemade items
- noncommercial canned or packaged items
- alcoholic beverages, mixes or soda
- open or used items
PLEASE NOTE: If you donate glass products, please box or bag them separately and label the box or bag "GLASS" on all sides.